Main menu

If you will be residing in the Netherlands for your studies you will need to register at the municipality as an inhabitant of the Netherlands.

During the Welcome Days the International Office will make sure arrangements are made so you can do so. Please make sure you bring along the required documents mentioned below from your home country.

Registration at the municipality

Documents you need

  • Valid Passport/ID card
  • Signed tenancy agreement (if you don’t have it than you should bring proof of allowance of registration and habitation of the property owner)
  • Certified translated (international) birth certificate (with apostille or legalization stamp).
    When the original document is clearly readable in English, French or German a translation is not needed.
  • Filled in pre-registration form from the municipality (see the form in your welcome package)

Only for non-EU students:

  • approval of Dutch Immigration (you will receive it during the Welcome Days)